Thursday, March 17, 2011

recent days.

"i know i have a fickle heart, and a bitterness, and a wandering eye and a heaviness in my head..."

just one of many beautiful lines of lyrics written by the fabulously talented adele
how beautiful is she??

so, i realize i have been m.i.a. the past few weeks (cough daveyshepherd cough). but what can i say? just haven't been in the mood! plus spring break at home certainly stole my attention for a little over a week, which is perfectly excusable if you ask me.
what did i do on said break, you ask?
well.
for starters, i went to NYC with my daddy dearest! unfortunately it was only for the night, and i definitely could've used a few more days in the big apple, but it was fun nonetheless! 
some fun little picky-tures for you:

we stayed near what's called the seaport district, which had an inner-harbor-esque shopping area, and humongous beautiful old ships!



(quick little insert - really neat building with numbers on each window, my cute little dad strolling the streets, and the street his new york office is located on (maiden lane))



back to the ships.




i know, boat overload. but seriously, they were awesome.







so that's it as far as my adventuring...the night before we ate and walked around in times square, but like a dummy i left my camera in the hotel room. DUMB. 
but, speaking of hotel, i did get a few shots of the place we stayed at. i loved the decor, it was like a classy, stylish bachelor pad:







the pictures don't really do it justice, and i'm certainly not the best photographer, but you get the idea :)

on the way back from new york, we made a pit stop in a cute little town called clinton in new jersey...my parents have been there a few times and i had never been, and my dad kept telling me how much i'd love it. he was right!

sweet little street lined with shops. unfortunately we didn't have time to look in all of them, but i hope to go back as soon as i can!


gorgeous little barn-like building with a water wheel! i think it's a museum now.


my favorite shop by far was a stationary shop called "the write touch". that's right. an entire shop, filled only with stationary. my heaven.

when i walked in the front door, i was greeted by this sweet little precious face!! she was my buddy the whole time i shopped :)




the view on the drive home.

thanks for lasting through that marathon post, if you actually could. 
have a lovely thursday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment