Tuesday, June 28, 2011

llamas and donkeys and sheep - OH MY!

this past weekend i went with my wonderful grandparents to visit a farm owned by a lady from my childhood church. she was having a "shearing day", when all the animals were getting their little coats taken off to be spun and made into yarn! if you know me at all, you know i love animals, especially of the farm variety. i was thrilled to get to hang out with all the sweet little creatures, even if sometimes they were a little bit frightening (LLAMAS). 

i didn't take a ton of pictures, but here's a few shots of this beautiful day:














how SWEET are those faces?? 
in addition to watching the shearing i also got to see a sheep being milked - did you know you can drink sheep's milk? sounds a little iffy to me, but i hear it's good. 
anyway, i just adore their little noses, i could pet and kiss them all day. if i could have animals of my own i absolutely would! (if i could hire a real farmer to take care of them for me, of course :) )

what did you do last weekend? anything special or interesting? what are your plans for this upcoming weekend? 

have a most lovely tuesday
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment