Thursday, August 18, 2011

thursday.

well good afternoon, friends!
as i've mentioned many times, i have a lot of time on my hands in these last days before i go back to school. as a result, i've had to force myself to be creative with my time, which has actually turned out to be good for my art! it's easy for me to put off doing even things that i enjoy and be lazy instead, but this summer i have forced myself to draw even when i didn't feel like it, and i've definitely benefitted from it. 
and in addition to drawing, i've also wasted countless hours playing around with my hair and makeup - silly, yes, but fun! 
this is the look i came up with today:





 nothin special, but i always feel pretty with a high-waisted skirt (especially this one, it flows and sways perfectly, and floats when i go down the stairs :) ).
and a little red lipstick does wonders for one's confidence, too!

anyway, enough of that silliness.
yesterday i wasn't feeling the greatest (still have a lingering sore throat - yuck!), so i stayed in all day and had a relaxing time on the couch. 
i snapped a few pictures to share:




as you can see, i am embarking on the Harry Potter series! i'm a little behind the times, i know, but here's my story. i started reading them when they first came out, and i was very young at the time. i also happened to be one of those kids who was scared of EVERYTHING. so, as you can imagine, harry potter didn't go over too well with me. i made it to the third one and then had to stop - they felt too creepy!
but, i've always been a fan of the stories, and i've seen all the movies, so i figured it was time for me to be a legit fan and actually read the books. 
at 21 years old, i feel much more mentally prepared this time...let's hope i don't wimp out ;)
so i am reading the second one now, and i'm about 3/4 of the way through - i read a TON yesterday! i curled up on the couch with my book, some blueberries, and a cup of English Breakfast tea.
it was a lovely day :)
i also got a few drawings done over the past few days, so here they are as well!
(i love when i have lots of things to share):


^this is a tattoo i designed for my great-aunt; Kylor was my great-grandparents last name (her maiden name), and they passed away about a year and a half ago, so she wants to commemorate them with a tattoo. i can't wait to see how it turns out!


^inspired by art deco illustrations from the 20's.


^ some tattoo design ideas of my own...lots of ideas brewing, now i just need the money!


^just a little doodle.

 another 20's girl...i'm in love with the whole flapper vibe!




thanks for visiting me today! i appreciate every single person who reads my little blog. 
hope your day is wonderful.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Harry Potter and English breakfast tea are in my top 10 favorite things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they certainly should be!! i never used to care for tea, but i think all my time spent in London converted me!

    ReplyDelete